Did you Know: Velocity Frequent Flyer
With almost five million members, Virgin Australia’s Velocity Frequent Flyer program is one of Australia’s most popular loyalty programs. Everyone knows that you can earn and redeem flights using your Points on Virgin Australia and our world-class airline partners, but here are some things you may not know about Velocity.
- Gold and Platinum Velocity Frequent Flyers have access to Premium Entry at Sydney Airport and Premium Exit at Melbourne Airport. This gives you direct curbside access to the Lounge and exclusive security screening points to avoid queues during peak travel times.
- Pets earn Points too. When travelling with a cat or dog on a Virgin Australia domestic flight, you will earn a minimum of 300 Points per pet carrier for each flight sector flown.
- Access to Virgin Australia lounges and more than 150 international airline partner lounges is available to Platinum and Gold Velocity members.
- Last year Richard Branson gave away all of his Velocity Frequent Flyer Points on Twitter. One lucky recipient received more than 1 million Points!
- Family Pooling allows you to group your family members’ Points and Status Credits into one account. This means that your Points balance can grow faster to redeem for even greater rewards, plus reach a new level of membership with even more benefits.
- If you are expecting a new addition to your family you can pause your Platinum, Gold or Silver membership for six months, and pick up where you left off with your membership level intact.
- As a Gold or Platinum member, you are guaranteed availability to use your Points for a family trip for four each year. If you can’t find Economy Reward Seats at least 6 months before your travel date, we guarantee to find them for you.
- Velocity Frequent Flyer was ranked highest for Reward Seat Availability among all Asia Pacific region programs in Ideaworks Company’s 2014 SwitchFly survey.
- Velocity won the following in the 2014 Freddie Awards (Middle East & Asia/Oceania region Airline category): Best Customer Service, Best Promotion, Best Elite Program, Best Redemption Ability, Program of the Year
- If you are a Gold member, you can invite one additional guest into the Virgin Australia lounge. If you are a Platinum member, you can invite up to three additional guests.
- Our UpgradeMe program gives you the chance to request an upgrade to Premium Economy or Business Class using Points. Gold, Platinum and Lounge members can also upgrade on departure from the lounge. Upgrades are subject to availability.
To find out more about Velocity Frequent Flyer click here.