Melbourne - Los Angeles and Perth - Abu Dhabi flights
Virgin Australia will launch services from Melbourne to Los Angeles and from Perth to Abu Dhabi in 2017, increasing competition and choice for Australian travellers.
On 4 April 2017, Virgin Australia will introduce five services each week between Melbourne and Los Angeles using Boeing 777-300ER aircraft.* On 9 June 2017, Virgin Australia will introduce three services each week between Perth and Abu Dhabi using Airbus A330-200 aircraft.*
In partnership with Delta Air Lines, we will soon offer 25 services each week from Australia to Los Angeles and remain the only trans-Pacific alliance to offer Business Class guests lie flat beds with direct aisle access on all services.
Our A330 aircraft will be deployed on a long-haul international route for the first time on flights between Perth and Abu Dhabi, which increases the number of services offered on the route from seven to 10 per week through our alliance with Etihad Airways.
To enable the introduction of services between Melbourne and Los Angeles, Virgin Australia will cease its three times weekly Sydney-Abu Dhabi flights after 4 February 2017 and will reduce Brisbane-Los Angeles flights from seven per week to six per week from 7 April 2017.
Virgin Australia customers will continue to have the option of twice daily flights between Sydney and Abu Dhabi, with alliance partner Etihad Airways to add three new weekly services on the route in February 2017.
Virgin Australia’s award-winning Business Class experience ‘The Business’ is available across the airline’s entire A330 and B777 fleet.
Key features of ‘The Business’ include:
- Individual and private suites in a 1-2-1 configuration that enables 100 per cent direct aisle access and convert into the length of a queen size bed;
- The latest in in-flight comfort and a turndown service with memory foam mattress toppers and high-grade cotton pillows and doonas;
- Luke Mangan-designed menus paired with premium wines and delivered in a fine dining experience through à la carte or Express Dining options to suit each guest’s preference; and
- The largest in-flight entertainment screen (18-inch High Definition touch screen) flying between Australia and North America on the 777 aircraft and a large 16-inch High Definition touch screen on the A330 aircraft.
* Subject to regulatory approvals