New Year's Travel Resolutions
It’s a New Year, so why not make 2018 a year of adventure! To kickstart your travel planning and help you get inspired, here’s some thought starters to get you excited about where your travels might take you this year.
1. Fly in style - Treat yourself in 2018 and make it your mission to secure an upgrade on at least one flight this year. There’s a huge variety of ways to earn Earn Velocity Points and redeem those hard earned Velocity Points as Reward Seats, or use or UpgradeMe Premium Bid offer system to bid for your next flight upgrade.
2. Make friends in high places - Airports and aircraft attract travellers from all corners of the globe with different backgrounds and stories. This year, challenge yourself to put away the headphones and strike up a conversation when you’re waiting at the gate, sitting in the Lounge or buckling in for that long-haul flight. You never know who you might meet at 30,000 feet. In fact, we’ve heard many stories of passengers meeting their husband or wife on a Virgin Australia flight!
3. Go your own way - Go out on a limb this year and set off on a solo adventure. Whether it’s a weekend getaway or a long-haul expedition, there is something magical and profound about traveling by yourself and experiencing new things on your own.
4. Break bread with the locals - On your next overseas odyssey, make a pact to engage with the local community and immerse yourself in their culture. Speak to your accommodation host or concierge to find out some of the great spots frequented by locals to gain an authentic perspective on your destination, or take things a step further and challenge yourself to take a local cooking class in each destination you visit. Bon Appetit!
5. Reach new heights - Make it your goal this year to upgrade your Velocity status to the next membership level. You can find out how to become more Status Credit savvy here on the Velocity Frequent Flyer website.
6. Learn the lingo - If you’re heading to a non-English speaking destination this year, challenge yourself to learn the basics of the native language. Your endearing efforts will always bring a smile to the faces of the locals, and can enjoy a much more liberating and independent travel experience.
7. Be spontaneous - Make the choice to pack up and go on a whim! You can find inspiration with our online travel articles and tips and sign up to our V-Mail Sale Alerts to get the best deals. If you’re feeling particularly impulsive, check out our Mystery Break packages. Carpe diem!
To plan and book your 2018 holiday adventure, head to virg.in/bookflights