5 Things to See and Do in Adelaide
Stretching for over a kilometre and a half, the terrace is dotted with war memorials, historic churches and statues...
Just 10 kilometres from the city centre, the suburb of Glenelg offers a postcard-perfect seaside setting. The white sands of Glenelg beach stretch out as far as the eye can see, drenched in sun and fringed by the clear and calm waters of Holdfast Bay. The area’s main drag, Jetty Road boasts great dining and shopping opportunities. And excitement abounds at local fun park, The Beachhouse.
Shop Rundle Street
Celebrated as the beating heart of cosmopolitan Adelaide, Rundle Street – made up of Rundle Street Mall and Rundle Street East – is a vibrant and charming historic city hub, which showcases cutting-edge fashion, outstanding alfresco dining, and lively cafes and bars. Laneways like Ebenezer Place and Vardon Avenue surround the street, hosting unique and quirky retailers.
Discover North Terrace
Fostering the moniker of Adelaide’s Cultural Boulevard, North Terrace offers a fantastic glimpse into the city’s past and rich European heritage. Stretching for over a kilometre and a half, the terrace is dotted with war memorials, historic churches and statues, as well as buildings like Parliament House, the State Library of South Australia, the South Australian Museum, the Art Gallery of South Australia and Adelaide University.
Explore Adelaide Central Market
Abuzz with activity, noise and colour, Adelaide Central Market spills with fresh local produce, gourmet specialities and lovers of all things organic. Visitors meander the alleys taking in the market’s vibrant atmosphere, while locals sip coffee and chatter with store holders. Undercover, and open five days a week (Tuesday to Saturday), the markets are a great place to soak up Adelaide’s culture. Enlist on a Central Market Tour.
Day trip to the Barossa Valley
Located just an hour’s drive northwest of the city centre, the Barossa Valley exists as one of the best wine growing areas in Australia. Boasting cool summers and rainy winters, the area is perfectly suited to red wine production, in particular Shiraz and Cabernet. An enchanting district, home to sloping green hills, world-class restaurants and outstanding wineries, the Barossa makes for a magical day trip. Book a Barossa Valley holiday package.
Plan Your Adelaide Holiday
- Flights to Adelaide: Virgin Australia operates flights to Adelaide daily, direct from all Australian state capitals.
- Adelaide Holiday Packages: Take the hassle out of planning your holiday, our partner Virgin Australia Holidays offers exceptional Adelaide holiday packages.
- Adelaide Hotels: Establish a great base from which to experience all that Adelaide has to offer. Select from a wide choice of hotels and resorts with our hotel partner Agoda.
- Adelaide Car Hire: Take to the road and discover Adelaide, and nearby regions with a hire car from one of our partners.
- Adelaide Tours and Activities: Discover Adelaide though a number of fantastic tours and activities. Our partner GoDo has a number of great Adelaide offers.