Australia's Best Easter Escapes
Melbourne lives and breathes romance, and is the perfect destination for an Easter long weekend lovers jaunt.
For Families | Byron Bay
In an age where children hardly play outside, and parents are permanently attached to technology, Byron Bay is the perfect destination for a refreshing Easter family holiday.
Family-friendly beaches, like Main Beach, Clarkes Beach, Belongil Beach and Wategos score the town’s picturesque coastline, dotted with picnic facilities and fringed by scenic walking tracks.
The streets and parks ooze with culture, showcasing buskers and artists, who reflect the community’s vibrancy and character. Every year over the Easter long weekend music lovers are spoiled with a special treat, Bluesfest—five enthralling days of music showcasing almost 200 world-class acts. The event is open to all ages, and children under five are free.
Kids are accepted in just about every restaurant, and are catered to on most menus. Plus there are standout ice creameries (such as In the Pink and Bella Rosa) and fish and chipperies (such as Fish Mongers and Fishheads) aplenty, to satisfy even the fussiest eater.
Plan your Byron Bay Holiday
- Flights to Byron Bay: Virgin Australia operates flights to Byron Bay (Ballina) daily, direct from Sydney.
- Byron Bay Holiday Packages: Our partner, Virgin Australia Holidays offers a range of great Byron Bay holiday packages.
- Bluesfest Tickets: Secure your ticket to Bluesfest, our partner Blue Holidays has a number of impressive Bluesfest holiday packages available, which include flights, accommodation, tickets and much more.
- Byron Bay Tours and Activities: Our partner GoDo has a number of exceptional deals on Byron Bay tours and activities.
For Lovers | Melbourne
From dreamy alleyways and cosy restaurants to luxury hotels and relaxed seaside suburbs, Melbourne lives and breathes romance, and is the perfect destination for an Easter long weekend lovers jaunt.
Culture can be found at every turn. Get lost in the city’s charming heritage with a stroll through Melbourne’s historic laneways. Visit one of 100 galleries and uncover thriving art scenes—galleries range from National Gallery of Victoria and Australian Centre for Contemporary Art, to public art spaces like the CBD’s Cocker Alley, Niagara Lane, Centre Place and Hosier Lane.
Savour the region’s world-class food scene. Award-winning restaurants dot the inner city and South bank; notable hotspots include Longrain, Ezard, Taxi Dining Room and Rockpool. LA-style mobile food vans provide unique fast food experiences. Eclectic and avant-garde bars can be found in virtually every suburb. While a myriad of exceptional cafes give the city the reputation of Australia’s coffee capital.
Treat your partner to a truly romantic escape, with a day trip to the Yarra Valley. Located just an hour’s drive northeast of Melbourne, the Yarra Valley teems with outstanding wineries, sensational food experiences and beautiful scenery.
Plan your Melbourne Holiday
- Flights to Melbourne: Virgin Australia operates flights to Melbourne from all Australian state capitals, regional Victorian cities, and international destinations like LA, Abu Dhabi, Denpasar and Nadi.
- Melbourne Holiday Packages: Our partner Virgin Australia Holidays offers a range of great Melbourne holiday packages.
- Melbourne Tours and Activities: Our partner GoDo has a number of exceptional deals on Melbourne and Yarra Valley tours and activities.
For Friends | Airlie Beach
Celebrated as the beating heart of the Whitsundays, Airlie Beach is a hugely popular coastal getaway. Offering easy access to the Whitsundays, affordable accommodation and vibrant nightlife, the town is an ideal destination for an Easter long weekend with friends.
Activity and adventure abound. Flanked by sparkling azure waters and just a short boat trip from the Whitsundays, Airlie Brach boasts sailing, scuba diving, snorkelling and beach hoping tours galore. There’s even a man-made lagoon, where tourists and locals alike enjoy sunshine and stinger-free conditions.
Thanks to its thriving tourism industry, and reputation as a backpackers’ hotspot, Airlie Beach is home to a number of lively restaurants, cafes and bars. The town’s main street features a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, and openly encourages holiday revelry.
Attracting all types of travellers, Airlie Beach is a hub of diverse, yet affordable accommodation options. Stylish resort fringe the water’s edge, apartments dot the hillside, while cheap and cheerful holiday parks and backpacker hostel keep the town vibrant and abuzz.
Plan your Airlie Beach Holiday
- Flights to Airlie Beach: Virgin Australia operates flights to Proserpine from Brisbane.
- Airlie Beach Holiday Packages: Our partner Virgin Australia Holidays offers a range of great Airlie Beach holiday packages.
- Airlie Beach Tours and Activities: Our partner GoDo has a number of exceptional deals on Whitsundays tours and activities.