Discover New South Wales Far North Coast
...the charming farm-flanked village of Bangalow is a fantastic destination in which to spend some quality downtime.
Brimming with lush rainforests, quaint villages, a pristine coastline, and a strong sense of culture, the Far North Coast is emblematic of utopia.
Fostering vibrant natural settings and a world-famous creative energy, Australia's most easterly point, Byron Bay is the region’s most distinguished township. Visitors flock to the iconic beach community year-round in pursuit of rest, relaxation, adventure and philosophy.
Walk along Johnson Street and stop to appreciate local buskers and murals. Scale the steps to Byron Lighthouse and take in stunning views of Cape Byron and Julian Rocks. Learn to surf on Wategos’ long leisurely waves. Pack a picnic to enjoy at a number of beaches and inlets that fringe the Bay.
See a gig at legendary live music hall The Backroom. Catch an alternative film in a one-of-a-kind cinema setting at the Pighouse Flicks. Shop for trinkets, furniture, crafts, and fashions from gifted global artists and creatives at the Byron Bay Arts and Industry Park. Sample organic harvests and chat to local provedores at the pulsating The Byron Bay Craft and Produce Market.
A short drive south, the picturesque village of Lennox Head is a long-time favourite holiday destination of those seeking a sunlit, laidback and refreshing escape.
Stroll along the hamlet’s scenic Seven Mile Beach. Witness some of the world’s most accomplished surfers take on one of the world’s best right-hand point breaks. Bathe in Lake Ainsworth’s unique tea tree-stained water. Watch migratory humpback whales pass by the headland. Dine at exceptional local restaurants. Join local legends at the lively Lennox Hotel.
Moving slightly inland, the charming farm-flanked village of Bangalow is a fantastic destination in which to spend some quality downtime.
Indulge in the village’s strong community spirit at the Bangalow Markets. Shop for rare antiques, unique wares and organic provisions along the hamlet’s main street. Visit local fruit, nut, dairy and coffee producers. Book into for a rejuvenating retreat at a day spa.
Boasting almost-perfect year-round weather, a stunning coastline of never-ending beaches and dramatic escarpments, first-rate accommodation, restaurants and shopping, and a well-earned reputation as a sanctuary for holistic healing and relaxation, the Far North Coast is a sensational holiday destination. But beware… many who come for a weekend, often stay for a lifetime.
Plan Your Ballina/Byron Summer Getaway
- Flights to Ballina/Byron: Virgin Australia operates flights to Ballina/Byron daily, direct from Sydney.
- Ballina/Byron Holiday Packages: Plan your getaway with expert help, Virgin Australia Holidays can tailor exceptional Ballina/Byron holiday packages to suit your needs.
- Ballina/Byron Hotels: Establish a great base from which to explore it all, with a wide choice of hotels on offer from our partner Agoda.
- Far North Coast Car Hire: Take to the road and discover the splendour of the Far North Coast region with great deals on car hire from our partners.
- Far North Coast Tours and Activities: Discover Far North Coast though a number of fantastic tours and activities, available through our partner GoDo.