Queensland for Families
Carrying the slogan “Where summer never ends” North Stradbroke Island is a year-round haven for holidaying families.
Home to warm year-round temperatures, sun-filled days and a gamut of sightseeing opportunities, Cairns is an ideal location for a family holiday.
A gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and the Daintree Rainforest, Cairns is renowned for its natural attractions and boasts some of Australia’s best wildlife parks and sanctuaries; including Cairns Tropical Zoo, Cairns Wildlife Dome and Rainforestation Nature Park.
The city also encourages fun and frivolities with features like the Cairns Esplanade’s man-made lagoon, public barbecues and picnics, slides, play houses, see-saws, and Australia’s biggest skate park.
Plan Your Cairns Family Holiday
- Flights to Cairns: Virgin Australia operates flights to Cairns daily, direct from Brisbane, Townsville, Melbourne and Sydney.
- Cairns Holiday Packages: Our partner, Virgin Australia Holidays offers great Cairns holiday packages.
- Cairns Tours and Activities: Entertain and wow your family with a number of fantastic Cairns tours and activities from our partner GoDo.
Sunshine Coast Hinterland
An area of outstanding natural beauty and rural historic charm, the Sunshine Coast Hinterland offers a great setting for a family escape.
Nature lovers can explore the area’s splendour on a number of walks through the Blackall Range. Meandering through a number of exquisite national parks, the tracks form one of 10 Great Walks of Queensland. Adventurous families can choose to pitch a tent along the way at a number of bush campsites.
The area’s most famous family drawcard is Steve Irwin’s Australia Zoo. Located at the base of the Glass House Mountains the zoo brims with wildlife and adventure, home koalas, snakes, wombats, dingoes, tigers, elephants, crocodiles and more.
Plan Your Sunshine Coast Hinterland Family Holiday
- Flights to Sunshine Coast: Virgin Australia operates flights to Sunshine Coast from Sydney and Melbourne, and flights to Brisbane from all state capitals and most regional Queensland ports.
- Sunshine Coast Holiday Packages: Our partner Virgin Australia Holidays offers exceptional Sunshine Coast holiday packages, which include flights, accommodation and much more.
- Sunshine Coast Tours and Activities: Entertain and wow your family with a number of fantastic Sunshine Coast tours and activities from our partner GoDo.
Home to scenic headlands, kilometres of rolling surf, white sandy beaches and swimming lagoons; and carrying the slogan “Where summer never ends”, North Stradbroke Island is a year-round haven for holidaying families.
Four wheel driving, fishing trips, snorkelling, whale watching, bush walks, rock pools, pristine salt, and fresh water lagoons—the island is an adventure enthusiast’s and nature lover’s paradise. Stradbroke’s past can be uncovered at the local museum, which showcases a long heritage of Aboriginal history, shipwrecks and mineral sand mining.
On-island accommodation caters to families of all sizes and budgets, with everything from campsites to houses for rent.
Plan Your Stradbroke Island Family Holiday
- Flights to Stradbroke Island: North Stradbroke Island is located one hour from Brisbane, accessible by vehicle ferries which depart from Cleveland. Virgin Australia operates flights to Brisbane from all state capitals and most regional Queensland ports
- Stradbroke Island Tours and Activities: Entertain and wow your family with a number of fantastic Stradbroke Island tours and activities from our partner GoDo.
Thanks to the variety of attractions and activities, the Gold Coast is one of Australia's most popular family-friendly destinations. The coast’s glittering beaches entertain with sun, surf and sand. Scenic walks intersect the Gold Coast Hinterland, and offer a unique look at Australia’s native flora and fauna.
Get below the surface to discover a world of fun and adventure at Sea World! Meet the gorgeous new baby Polar Bear Henry now, flip out with the dolphins; seal a new friendship with a kiss or dare to dive with the predators of the deep! With a host of exciting rides including the new Storm Coaster, Sea World offers a full day of family fun.
Film buffs can take a unique look behind the scenes at Warner Bros. Movie World. While Wet 'n' Wild offers kids of all ages (and at heart), thrills and spills on adrenaline-pumping water rides.
A growing number of professional sporting teams – like the Gold Coast Suns – call the region home and can be supported on a family-fun day out to a local stadium.
Plan Your Gold Coast Family Holiday
- Flights to Gold Coast: Virgin Australia operates flights to Gold Coast from Australian and New Zealand capital cities.
- Gold Coast Holiday Packages: Our partner Virgin Australia Holidays offers exceptional Gold Coast holiday packages and Gold Coast Theme Parks holiday packages, which include flights, accommodation and much more.
- Gold Coast Hinterland Tours and Activities: Entertain and wow your family with a number of fantastic Gold Coast tours and activities from our partner GoDo.