Bruny Island sparkles year-round, but transforms with bursts of colour during the cooler months.
Maleny | Queensland
Located at the heart of the Sunshine Coast Hinterland, Maleny is approximately 100 kilometres north of Brisbane, and thousands of kilometres from stress. Set amid rolling green paddocks and perched high upon the Blackall Range, Maleny is a breathtaking winter holiday setting. Enjoying a long history of farming and cultural innovation, the town is celebrated for its vibrant restaurants, cafes and wineries, as well as specialty providores, boutique shopping and artisan showrooms.
Plan Your Maleny Escape
Maleny is located just over an hour’s drive north of Brisbane, and 45 minutes south-west of the Sunshine Coast.
- Flights to Brisbane: Virgin Australia operates flights to Brisbane from all state capitals and most regional Queensland ports.
- Flights to Sunshine Coast: Virgin Australia operates flights to Sunshine Coast from Sydney and Melbourne.
- Car Hire for Maleny: Discover Maleny and surrounding regions. Book a car for pick up at Brisbane or Sunshine Coast airports, and receive great rates from our car hire partners.
Jindabyne | New South Wales
Situated in a region that inspired Banjo Paterson's legendary poem, The Man from Snowy River, Jindabyne is a winter destination like no other. Resting at the base of the Snowy Mountains, on the edge of a lake half the size of Sydney Harbour, Jindabyne provides easy access to some of Australia’s best ski fields – such as Thredbo, Perisher and Charlotte Pass – and fishing and horse-riding opportunities. Catering to the local climate, the township is dotted with cosy alpine lodges and chalets.
Plan Your Jindabyne Escape
Jindabyne is located two hours’ drive south-west of Canberra.
- Flights to Canberra: Virgin Australia operates flights to Canberra from all state capitals.
- Car Hire in Jindabyne: Discover Jindabyne and surrounding regions. Book a car for pick up at Canberra Airport, and receive great rates from our car hire partners.
Yarra Valley | Victoria
Uncover the perfect winter getaway, just an hour’s drive from Melbourne. Tucked between rolling hills and secluded dales, the villages of the Yarra Valley (pictured) brim with indulgent experiences. Stay in a chic bed and breakfast, self-contained cottage or winery retreat. Discover the region’s passion for food and wine with a visit to local producers and vineyards in Healesville and Yarra Glen.
Plan Your Yarra Valley Escape
Yarra Valley is located just over an hour’s drive north-east of Melbourne.
- Flights to Melbourne: Virgin Australia operates flights to Melbourne (Tullamarine) from all state capitals and from major regional ports.
- Car Hire in Yarra Valley: Discover Yarra Valley and surrounding regions. Book a car for pick up at Melbourne Airport (Tullamarine), and receive great rates from our car hire partners.
Bruny Island | Tasmania
Offering an invigorating mix of natural and cultural aspects, Bruny Island is a captivating holiday destination. The island offers visitors the chance to see fur seals, fairy penguins and white wallaby first-hand in the wild; and is home to excellent restaurants and cafes that serve locally-produced foods like truffles, berries and cheese. Bruny Island sparkles year-round, but transforms with bursts of colour during the cooler months
Plan Your Bruny Island Escape
Passenger ferries depart from Kettering to Bruny Island several times a day. The journey takes 15 minutes. The township of Kettering is located 35 minutes’ drive south of Hobart.
- Flights to Hobart: Virgin Australia operates flights to Hobart from all state capitals.
- Car Hire in Bruny Island: Discover Bruny Island and southern Tasmania. Book a car for pick up at Hobart Airport, and receive great rates from our car hire partners.
Clare Valley | South Australia
Discover the magic of the Clare Valley. Less than two hours’ drive north of Adelaide, the charmingly secluded region promotes exquisite countryside, dotted with quaint bed and breakfasts, inviting country pubs, acclaimed wineries and historic buildings. Home to an emerging gourmet food scene, and galleries and museums that highlight the area’s pioneering heritage, the Clare Valley is a vibrant setting for a winter escape.
Plan Your Clare Valley Escape
Clare Valley is located just under two hours’ drive north of Adelaide.
- Flights to Adelaide: Virgin Australia operates flights to Adelaide from all state capitals.
- Car Hire in Clare Valley: Discover Clare Valley and surrounding areas. Book a car for pick up at Adelaide Airport, and receive great rates from our car hire partners.
Margaret River| Western Australia
Privy year-round sunshine, and set in a region where rolling green hills house fantastic wine experiences against a backdrop of ocean and forest, Margaret River provides for an extraordinary weekend getaway. The crowds that flocked to region during summer disperse over the cooler months, leaving winter visitors with almost exclusive access the premier vineyards, award-winning restaurants, clean winter swells and clear crisp days.
Plan Your Margaret River Escape
Margaret River is located three hours’ drive south of Perth.