Immortalised in countless films as one of the world’s final frontiers of true escapism, the South Pacific boasts long sun filled days, removed from the hustle and bustle of big-city life.
Catering to those looking to unwind, several exceptional resorts and hotels have set up in the region. Reset your watch to ‘island time’ and discover our favourites.
Fiji | Intercontinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Located on the beautiful and picturesque Coral Coast of Viti Levu, the Intercontinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa is one of Fiji’s most acclaimed resort properties. Set on 35 acres of manicured tropical gardens, the 5-star luxury resort fronts onto the serene Natadola Bay.
Catering for leisure and relaxation, the resort features amenities like an 18-hole championship golf course, four swimming pools, outdoor bars, a lavish spa and luxurious guest quarters. Unwind with total privacy and exclusivity at Club Intercontinental – Fiji’s only resort within a resort.
- Flights to Fiji: Virgin Australia operates to flights to Nadi from Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
- Stay at Intercontinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa: Our partner Agoda offers great Intercontinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa deals.
Vanuatu | The Havannah
Jettison the pressure and distraction of everyday life with the seclusion, peace and quiet of The Havannah (pictured). Located on the Vanuatu’s main island, Efate — just 30 minutes’ drive north of Port Vila Airport — The Havannah caters to a maximum of 32 guests at one time, and coexists harmoniously with its breathtaking natural surrounds.
Experience warm Ni-Vanuatu hospitality. Relax in a designer bungalow. Indulge in gourmet local produce. Sip a cocktail while watching the sun set across the Pacific. Snorkel crystal clear azure waters.
- Flights to Vanuatu: Virgin Australia operates flights to Port Vila, direct from Brisbane.
- Stay at The Havannah: Our partner Agoda offers great The Havannah deals.
Samoa | Sinalei Reef Resort & Spa
Built to reflect the spirit of Samoa (fa'a Samoa), Sinalei Reef Resort is a haven for travellers looking to find peace and inspiration. Set amid wonderfully verdant gardens, the resort boasts a nine-hole golf course, two tennis courts, a spectacular fresh water lagoon pool and a world-class spa.
Romance is intrinsic to the spirit of the resort. Located on the southern coast of Upolu, the Sinalei Reef Resort & Spa enjoys spectacular views of the sun setting over the Pacific Ocean, and guarantees tranquility with its no children under 12 years of age policy.
- Flights to Samoa: Virgin Australia operates flights to Apia, direct from Sydney.
- Stay at Sinalei Reef Resort & Spa: Our partner Agoda offers great Sinalei Reef Resort & Spa deals.
Cook Islands | The Little Polynesian Resort
Voted ‘Cook Islands Leading Boutique Hotel’ for the past five years in the World Travel Awards, and ranked by Tripadvisor as the number one hotel in Rarotonga, The Little Polynesian Resort offers guests a rich South Pacific experience.
Situated on a pristine white sand beach, the resort is surrounded by palms, lush gardens and crystal clear water. Guaranteeing privacy and personalised service, The Little Polynesian features 14 luxury guest accommodations – 10 of which are over-beach bungalows – built in the style of traditional Cook Islands architecture.
- Flights to the Cook Islands: Virgin Australia operates flights to Rarotonga, via Auckland, from Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne.
- Stay at The Little Polynesian Resort: Our partner Agoda offers great The Little Polynesian Resort deals.
Tonga | Fafa Island Resort
Positioned on a palm-covered atoll, just 30 minutes by boat from Tonga’s capital Nuku'alofa, Fafa Island Resort offers absolute seclusion in a prime location. Surrounded by a shimmering turquoise lagoon and guarded by a coral reef, the small upmarket boutique resort epitomises tropical paradise.
Promoting primitive luxury, Fafa Island Resort features 13 bungalows located just steps from the ocean. Deserted sandy beaches beckon guests. Bush trails wait to be explored. Meals are served with breathtaking views. And cocktails accompany every sunset.
- Flights to Tonga: Virgin Australia operates flights to Nuku'Alofa, direct from Sydney.
- Stay at Fafa Island Resort: Stay at The Little Polynesian Resort: Our partner Aogoda offers great Fafa Island Resort deals.
Solomon Islands | Heritage Park Hotel
Built on a site that was once home to the Governor General of the Solomon Islands, Heritage Park Hotel enjoys a historic and exclusive Honiara location. The hotel couples cultural heritage with luxury, boasting state-of-art contemporary architecture and tranquil landscaped gardens, on five acres of prime central waterfront land.
Characteristic of a private park-like setting, the hotel is an ideal destination in which to relax, featuing two restaurants, a night club, a swimming pool with a swim up bar and friendly service.